Many of us wish we had that extra hour or two in the day. And sometimes it feels that even with the best of intentions we just don’t get the things done that we wanted too.
So here are some tips and tricks broken down into sections to help you save time during your busy schedule!
These are tasks that can be done daily or at any point to help you save time quickly and easily.
- Wake up earlier
- Learn to say no
- Unsubscribe from useless lists
- Prepare the night before
- Pack your handbag the night before
- Choose your clothes the night before
- Set boundaries for work and home
- Take time for weekly and daily planning
- Create routines
- Put away your phone
- Turn off social media notifications
- Get stuff done during waiting/queuing times
- Buy gifts when you see them
- Create an evening routine
- Don’t hit the snooze button
- Turn off the TV
- Use your calendar
- Track your time
- Use apps where appropriate to help with tasks
- Turn up the intensity of your workout so you can work out for less time
Home life is really when you should be spending as much time doing the things you love and not tasks to do with work. So here it is really important to set that boundary. Below are some great tips to keep you organised but also to give you more time for the stuff you enjoy.
- Do online grocery shopping
- Bulk Buy
- Menu Plan
- Batch Cook and freeze your meals
- Tidy as you go
- Make quick breakfasts
- Have leftovers for lunch
- Keep on top of laundry
- Put things back once you have used them
- Buy a slow cooker
On Your Commute
Commutes are often boring and tedious. So why not use this time wisely to be more productive and to take tasks away from your evenings. Obviously if you are driving you are limited to what you can be doing. But instead of listening to the radio why not listen to a podcast?
- Learn something new
- Run or cycle if the distance is okay
- Call relatives or friends on your way home
- Do your online shopping
- Listen to podcasts/audiobook
- Do planning/research tasks
Ever find yourself in and out of meetings and constantly having to dive into your inbox instead of actually working on tasks? I feel you. Whilst work loads can be unpredictable here are a few ideas that can help to carve out a little extra time.
- Set deadlines
- Avoid unnecessary meetings
- Close down unnecessary browser tabs that can cause distraction
- Create lists
- Learn to prioritize
- Clean your inbox
- Batch tasks/calendar block
- Use a timer for tasks
Unfortunately not all of us wake up looking and feeling like a glamazon when we roll out of bed in the morning. Here are some hacks to making yourself look and feel great with minimal time available.
- Stay hydrated
- Find a simple and easy go to hair style for when you just don’t have the spare time
- Use dry shampoo
- Clear the clutter from your makeup bag/station so you can find what you need quicker
- Create a “Morning Make Up” bag
- Use two in one products
- Get a lash tint and perm
- Brush your teeth whilst showering
These are just some of the time saving suggestions that I’ve come up with. Do you have any great time saving tips that you swear by? Let me know below!